Welcome to WiCom's website !
Information & Communication Technology (ICT) plays a significant role in promoting the social and economic development of a country. The communication infrastructure is at the core of the telecommunication sector. The wireless communication infrastructure continues to grow rapidly as the need for transporting information 24x7 rises. Research in mobile and wireless systems is today gradually shifting from high volume voice services to high volume and high speed data services. With new wireless devices like notebooks, smart-phones, and other mobile internet devices, the next generation of wireless systems will require means of handling high data rates, will need to be spectral-efficient, and be capable of being deployed in various environments.
- Vibhum Singh has defended his thesis successfully on 25th Oct 2021.
- Vinay Bankey has defended his thesis successfully on 27th May 2020.
- Sourabh Solanki has received the prestigious Brain Korea 21 (BK21) Fellowship by the National Research Foundation, Govt. of Korea. He is appointed as BK21 Research Professor in Korea University, South Korea.
- Satish K. Tiwari has received Best PhD Thesis Award in IEEE Conference on Information and Communication Technology (IEEE CICT) 2019.
- Sourabh Solanki has completed his PhD on July 22, 2019 and joining as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Korea University, South Korea.
- Prabhat K. Upadhyay has been appointed as an Editor of IEEE Communications Letters, May 2019.
- Vinay Bankey has received travel grant to attend IEEE International Conference on Communications at Shanghai during 20-24 May 2019 by the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), Government of India.
- Prabhat K. Upadhyay has received 3-year research grant under BRICS Multilateral Research and Development Project entitled LargEWiN "Design and Development of Large-Scale Ambient Energy Harvesting Wireless Networks" on 5th April 2019. It is supported by CNPq-Brazil, DST India, MOST & NSFC-China, and DST & NRF-South Africa.
- Satish K. Tiwari has completed his PhD thesis entitled "Estimation and Optimization of Design Parameters in Diffusive Molecular Nanonetworks" on January 7, 2019. Abstract of this thesis is shortlisted for presentation in NCC 2019 Graduate Student Day Workshop at the IISc Bangalore.
- Prabhat K. Upadhyay has been conferred with IETE-Prof SVC Aiya Memorial Award-2018 by Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers.
- Prabhat K. Upadhyay has presented a research paper in IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC), Barcelona, Spain, 15-18 April, 2018.
- A research paper (with Vinay Bankey as the first author) has won Best Paper Award in International Conference on Advanced Communication Technologies and Networking (CommNet), Marrakech, Morocco, April 2018.
- V. Singh, S. Solanki, P. K. Upadhyay, D. B. da Costa, and J. M. Moualeu, "Performance Analysis of Hardware-Impaired Overlay Cognitive Satellite-Terrestrial Networks with Adaptive Relaying Protocol," IEEE Systems Journal, accepted for publication, Jan. 2020.
- S. Solanki, V. Singh, and P. K. Upadhyay, "RF Energy Harvesting in Hybrid Two-Way Relaying Systems with Hardware Impairments," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, accepted for publication.
- V. Singh, S. Solanki, P. K. Upadhyay, D. B. da Costa, and J. M. Moualeu, "Impact of Hardware Impairments on Cognitive Satellite-Terrestrial Relaying with a Direct Link," IEEE Consumer Communications & Networking Conference (CCNC), Las Vegas, USA, 10-13 Jan. 2020.
- V. Bankey and P. K. Upadhyay, "Physical Layer Security of Multiuser Multirelay Hybrid Satellite-Terrestrial Relay Networks," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 68, no. 3, pp. 2488-2501, Mar. 2019.
- P. S. Bithas, A. G. Kanatas, D. B. da Costa, P. K. Upadhyay, and A. Hatziefremidis, "Novel Results for the Multivariate Ricean Distribution with Non-Identical Parameters," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, accepted for publication, Feb. 2019.
- S. Solanki, P. K. Sharma, and P. K. Upadhyay, "Adaptive Link Utilization in Two-Way Spectrum Sharing Relay Systems under Average Interference-Constraints," IEEE Systems Journal, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 3461-3472, Dec. 2018
- D. S. Gurjar and P. K. Upadhyay, "Overlay Device-to-Device Communication in Asymmetric Two-Way Cellular Systems with Hybrid Relaying," IEEE Systems Journal, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 3713-3724, Dec. 2018.
- S. Solanki, P. K. Upadhyay, D. B. da Costa, P. S. Bithas, A. G. Kanatas, and U. S. Dias, "Joint Impact of RF Hardware Impairments and Channel Estimation Errors in Spectrum Sharing Multiple-Relay Networks," IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 66, no. 9, pp. 3809-3824, May 2018.
- S. Solanki, P. K. Upadhyay, D. B. da Costa, P. S. Bithas, and A. G. Kanatas, "Performance Analysis of Cognitive Relay Networks with RF Hardware Impairments and CEEs in the Presence of Primary Users' Interference," IEEE Transactions on Cognitive Communications and Networking, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 406-421, May 2018.
- S. K. Tiwari and P. K. Upadhyay, "Estimate-and-Forward Relaying in Diffusion-Based Molecular Communication Networks: Performance Evaluation and Threshold Optimization," IEEE Transactions on Molecular, Biological, and Multiscale Communications, vo. 3, no. 3, pp. 183-193, Sept. 2017. (Most popular document with the best ranking of 2 in the month of April 2018)
- V. Bankey and P. K. Upadhyay, "Ergodic Capacity of Multiuser Hybrid Satellite-Terrestrial Fixed Gain AF Relay Networks with CCI and Outdated CSI," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 67, no. 5, pp. 4666-4671, Jan. 2018.
- P. S. Bithas, A. G. Kanatas, D. B. da Costa, P. K. Upadhyay, and U. S. Dias, "On the Double-Generalized Gamma Statistics and Their Application to the Performance Analysis of V2V Communications," IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 66, no. 1, pp. 448-460, Jan. 2018.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"- Albert Einstein
© WiCom, IIT Indore
- Recruitment of SRF for the following project
- Title of Project : "Performance Analysis of Diffusion-Based Molecular Communication Systems with Active Receivers"
- Project Coordinator : Dr. Prabhat K. Upadhyay
- Interview schedule : March 27, 2020 (14:30 hrs)
- (Interview postponed till further notice)